JOIN US FOR THE 25th ANNUAL NATIONAL CONFERENCE
Jeremiah Long Memorial National Conference on Like-Kind Exchanges Under Section 1031 I.R.C.
Date: November 3-5, 2021
Location: Hotel del Coronado in San Diego
The entire conference is eligible to receive CPE, CES and CLE credits. For additional information, please click here.
Advanced Program Topics
Thursday & Friday, November 4-5, 2021
THURSDAY – General Session
- Recent Developments
- The IRS Speaks: What is Real Property under the Final Regulations?
- Drops & Swaps and Swaps and Drops in California (and elsewhere) post Mitchell, Pau and Kwon
- Footfaults and more in the TIC/DST world: how far can one stray from 2002-22 and Rev Rul 2004-86 and still be disregarded?
- Opportunity Zones have knocked: Comparing 1400Z-2 and 1031 after the Final Ozone Regulations and Update on Activity
- Non Safe Harbor Improvement Exchanges: some case studies
FRIDAY – General Session
- 121/1031 Issues associated with Qualifying Principle Residences for LKE Treatment
- Perplexing (or not) Unresolved Identification Issues in Deferred and Reverse Exchanges
- 168/1031 Cost Recovery Conundra when dealing with Exchanges
- Annual Review of State Law Issues Affecting Exchanges
- Early Release of Funds and other issues under the Regs governing constructive /actual receipt of boot
- Annual Review of Ethical Issues for QIs and Advisors in Like-Kind Exchanges
Topics are subject to change without notice.